Currently available data extend through 2020-07-13 (Ls 237 MY 35) [ongoing]
(MAVEN Mars orbit insertion occurred Sep 21, 2014; Ls 199.8, MY 32)
Density derived from acceleration data and winds derived from NAV and ACS data
Vertical profiles of atmospheric density and temperature: possible wind velocities
Useful Mission Documents
Mission Description and Spacecraft Description
Archive Bundle Contents
) This table is constructed from parameters derived from the MAVEN SPK file and The MAVEN events file. It contains information concerning mission activity that might affect the quality of the data as well as geometry at periapse and apoapse.
Software Interface Specification (SIS)
- Description of the instrument and data structures.
- Directory containing the document collection, which includes references to refereed journals using this instrument, and information about calibration and explanation of data structures.
- Directory containing advanced products
The MAVEN/NGIMS data are in ACSII format with detached XML labels.
Selected data can be retrieved in 2 ways
1) Downloading an index, selecting components and uploading your selection.
Indices that tabulate information associated with each product are available. The associated geometry is given at the time of the midpoint of the observation. (Note – geometry at periapse is available from the NAIF SPK file
a. Select your index
) Note:There are fewer recent entries due to the fact that MAVEN is now in a relay orbit.
b. Sort and make your selection
c. Upload the URN values from your revised index (note the total uncompressed file size before requesting)
2) Selecting specific parameters and requesting limited data files
Downloading annual collections of data
2014-2020 Derived Data
Citing Datasets for Publications
R.Tolson, R. Lugo (2016), MAVEN Accelerometer Data, NASA Planetary Data System, https://doi.org/10.17189/1518947.
Other Useful Products for Interpreting the Data
- A listing of team members to facilitate literature searches
- Archived MAVEN SPICE ancillary data providing observational geometry (positions, orientations, instrument pointing, time conversions, etc.) are available from the PDS NAIF Node.